db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Bogdan Vatkov" <bvat...@globaltech-bg.com>
Subject Re: C++ tool like Torque?
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:08:49 GMT
Hi All,

Yes, that is the beauty of the torque generator engine.

I have written templates that generate JSP, MVC (in java), even dictionary
to be used in automatic translation of
entity names in the database (columns/tables).

In fact I have extended the BaseObject vm to
contain extra information of the access mode for each <column /> for a
particular "Role".
(each column has 2 vectors of Roles - the first are roles allowed to read ,
the second are roles allowed to modify the column)
and of course JSP-s and MVC are using this info at runtime to obtain a
specific behaviour depending on the logged user (his roles)

And.. I am interested in developing such a project (extension of torque) for
the ASF ..
Also for easy configuration of the Auhorization (Roles related to tables and
columns)
I want to extend the devaki project to allow adding extra attributes to the
tags.
I think the "Authorization issue" is relevant to the business logic of a
project thus so it is usefull
to be stored with the database structure.

Maybe we should do some specifications before starting of implementation of
such project?
I mean my templates do something good but it is somehow specific to my ow
project.
Maybe the situation is the same with EF's code. it is usefull but in some
local area.
Should we discuiss what the commons (authorization/representation code
generation) would be and implement them after all ?
We will need to extend the database model of torque not to parse(extract
from xml)/hold only db specific data but extra info as well.

thanx,
bogdan