db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Dovlecel" <alexandru.dovle...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Problem with torque.addSaveMethod
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 06:59:31 GMT
Hi,

> 1. create your own BaseObject class, which is NOT a subclass of
> org.apache.torque.om.BaseObject and does not contain the
> save() signatures.

I have tried but does not work. The BaseXYZ is done oki (only extending
my.base.Object), but the XYZ class is extending BaseXYZ (which is OKI) but
also states that implements the Persistent interface (OUCH) that (also)
defines the save method. So I can change the templates, but I don't know if
is going to work... because the Torque might cast some obj to Persistent :(.

> 2. extend org.apache.torque.om.BaseObject and implement these
> abstract methods as "do-nothing methods".
That would work for shure :))). And seems to be the most appropriate thing
to do in this circumstances. But my intent was to remove some extra methods
from the XYZ (so that when I use an autoComplete java editor like eclipse I
won't have to see the save method and who knows what other methods).

> so long
And thanks for all tha fish,
> Micha
Alex