db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Dovlecel" <alexandru.dovle...@siemens.com>
Subject SetFkId throws TorqueException
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:11:25 GMT
Hi all,

Another inconsistency: I have a table X that has a foreign key column called
IdY. When generating the code, the method SetIdY has the following
signature:
public void setIdY( int id ) throws TorqueException

The method does not have to contain the throws clause because there is no
method call in this method that could throw such an exception. So each time
I use such an setFkIdMethod I have to surround it with a Try Catch. Yuch.
The fields that are NOT foreign keys receive methods that don't throw a
TorqueException. I think here it could be a slight inconsistency???

Pls correct me if I am wrong.

In order to correct this, I think I have to change one velocity template.
But I would like to stick to the official version, without changing to much
of the templates. Should this change of the templates be made in the
following release, what do you think?

Alex