db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Damien Corbishley" <Damien.Corbish...@uk.intervoice.com>
Subject doUpdate and rows affected
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:02:52 GMT
Hi,

  When torque performs a doUpdate, it selects all the rows beforehand and then updates each
individual row, my question is does the village sources allow you just to construct a basic
UPDATE <table_name> set x = ?, where a = ? statement?

If so would it make sense for me to override the doUpdate method to use village in a slightly
different way? I was thinkging of using village to construct my sql update string by using
the getSaveString method on TableDataSet, and pass it back to the executeStatement method
in BasePeer, it has the additional benefit of being able to access the number of rows affected,
which my app needs ( I would like to implement some sort of "update / delete failed due to
non existent record error". )

Anyone got any thoughts on this idea?

Damien

This e-mail and any files transmitted are intended for the addressee only - it is private
and confidential. If you have received this mail in error please notify the sender and immediately
delete the e-mail. The registered office of Intervoice Ltd is 50, Park Road, Gatley, Cheshire,
SK8 4HZ, UK. All rights reserved (c) 2004 Intervoice Ltd

www.mimesweeper.com