db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mcminn" <NMcm...@theblragency.com>
Subject Generated class problem
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:30:56 GMT
I'm having a problem with foreign keys in torque.  We are trying to
upgrade to Torque 3.1 from an older snapshot build.  Maven is handling
the build, using torque:om.  With our older version, if we had a foreign
key defined for a given table, a method was generated in the
base<table-name> object that takes an object of the foreign table as an
argument.  For example, given the following simple schema:

        <column name="OBJECT_ID" primaryKey="true" required="true"
type="INTEGER"/>
        <column name="CUSTOMER_ID" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
        <column name="NAME" required="true" size="40" type="VARCHAR"/>

        <column name="OBJECT_ID" primaryKey="true" required="true"
type="INTEGER"/>
        <column name="ITEM" required="true" size="40" type="VARCHAR"/>
        <column name="CUSTOMER_ID" required="true" type="INTEGER"/>
        <foreign-key foreignTable="CUSTOMER">
            <reference foreign="OBJECT_ID" local="CUSTOMER_ID"/>
        </foreign-key>

two base<table-name> classes would be produced, BaseOrder, and
BaseCustomer.  BaseOrder would have a method called getCustomer that
returned a Customer object, and a method called setCustomer(Customer c)
that takes a Customer object as an argument.

After generating my classes using Torque 3.1, this is no longer
happening.  When I generate my classes, all Base<table-name> and
Base<table-name>Peer classes are created, but the methods I am used to
seeing for handling foreign-key relationships are gone.
Nathan McMinn
Application Developer
NequalsOne - HealthCare marketing tools
mailto:nmcminn@NequalsOne.com