db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Drake Philbrook" <...@graphtek.com>
Subject RE: Torque on Tomcat: Exception: DataSourceFactory not configured
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:58:32 GMT
Still no change...

DEBUG Ajp13Processor[8009][4] com.dsp.cms.torque.UsersPeer - Enter
UsersPeer.addUser
DEBUG Ajp13Processor[8009][4] com.dsp.cms.torque.UsersPeer -
UsersPeer.addUser Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException: There was
no DataSourceFactory configured for the connection cms-cms
DEBUG Ajp13Processor[8009][4] com.dsp.cms.torque.UsersPeer - Exit
UsersPeer.addUser

Since I can connect to the database using JDBC with the DataSource
created by Struts, I know the db is available, just not thru Torque.

Do I need to disable the Struts DataSource?  I'll try that...

Drake

-----Original Message-----
From: Brent Atkins [mailto:Brent.Atkins@Pro-Sys.biz]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 1:24 PM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: RE: Torque on Tomcat: Exception: DataSourceFactory not
configured

Sure thing...

Here is my current Torque.properties.sample file in its entirety:

#-------------------------------------------------
# Torque.properties.sample
#
# Most of these properties should remain the # same for your setup.  You
should only need # to change the user and password of the # database -
top of file #
#-------------------------------------------------

#-------------------------------------------------
# Normally edited properties
#-------------------------------------------------

torque.dsfactory.foo.connection.user =
torque.dsfactory.foo.connection.password =

#-------------------------------------------------
# End normally edited properties
#-------------------------------------------------

torque.applicationRoot = .

## Logging

log4j.category.org.apache.torque = INFO, torque
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.file =
${torque.applicationRoot}/logs/torque.log
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout.conversionPattern = %d [%t] %-5p
%c - %m%n log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.append = false

## Database Settings

torque.database.default=foo
torque.database.foo.adapter=mysql

torque.manager.useCache = true

torque.dsfactory.foo.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourc
eFactory
torque.dsfactory.foo.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
torque.dsfactory.foo.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
torque.dsfactory.foo.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10
torque.dsfactory.foo.connection.driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
torque.dsfactory.foo.connection.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/foo

I never did get the logging to work correctly (so you can most likely
ignore it - what can I say I've been lazy), but the rest should be good.
Of course, replace foo with your database name.