db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Drake Philbrook" <...@graphtek.com>
Subject Torque on Tomcat: Exception: DataSourceFactory not configured
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:17:43 GMT
Hi,

System:

RedHat Linux Enterprise V3
MySql V3.23
Tomcat 4.0.6

I followed the instructions to install Torque in a Web Application
running on Tomcat4 that I found at
http://javaxp.netfirms.com/torque-jstl.html.

I see these entries during initialization:

[DEBUG] TorqueInstance -
-init(org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfiguration@64857a17)
[DEBUG] TorqueInstance -
-setConfiguration(org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfigurati
on@64857a17)
[DEBUG] TorqueInstance - -initialize()
[DEBUG] TorqueInstance -
-setConfiguration(org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration@26d
c3a17)
[DEBUG] TorqueInstance -
-initAdapters(org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration@26dc3a1
7)
[WARN] TorqueInstance - -Databases defined but no adapter configurations
found!
[DEBUG] TorqueInstance -
-initDataSourceFactories(org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfigurat
ion@26dc3a17)
[DEBUG] TorqueInstance - -Adding a dummy entry for default, mapped onto
cms-cms
Ajp13Connector[8009] Opening server socket on host IP address 127.0.0.1

When I try to make a Torque call, I get this output:

[DEBUG] TorqueInstance - -getConfiguration() =
org.apache.commons.configuration.BaseConfiguration@26dc3a17
[DEBUG] IDBroker - -IDBroker thread was started.
[WARN] IDBroker - -IDBroker is being used with db 'cms-cms', which does
not support transactions. IDBroker attempts to use transactions to limit
the possibility of duplicate key generation.  Without transactions,
duplicate key generation is possible if multiple JVMs are used or other
means are used to write to the database.

DEBUG Ajp13Processor[8009][2] com.dsp.cms.torque.UsersPeer -
UsersPeer.addUser Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException: There was
no DataSourceFactory configured for the connection cms-cms

Any help is appreciated.

BTW: Is there a searchable list of issues about Torque?  Maybe these
issues have been resolved and I just can't find the answers.

Drake

Drake Philbrook
Graphtek
73241 Hwy 111