db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Sica, David (David)" <ds...@avaya.com>
Subject Idbroker idMethod
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:09:11 GMT
Hello,

I'm a new user of Torque and am trying to understand idMethod usage a
little better.  If I select to use the idBroker idMethod method for
primary key generation then am I locked into Torque as the only means
for inserting data into my tables?  In other words, since Torque will be
generating the id's then is it true that I shouldn't use another
mechanism for inserting into a table using idBroker (i.e. direct JDBC
call or non-Java script access) else Torque and the non-Torque methods
may try to insert duplicate primary keys?

Thanks,
David Sica