db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Yu <Benjam...@InformativeResearch.com>
Subject RE: Multiple packages
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:12:23 GMT

1. Create multiple *-schema.xml files. One for each table or set of tables.
2. Set the database name's value to be the same across all the files.
3. If you have foreign key constraints, make use of the external-schema tag.
Tables will only be generated once. Bewarned that a table's id-table sql
generation will be generated multiple times depending on the external-schema
references.

But I did this by using the maven plugin. I'm not sure if using the
torque-gen ant task will scan the files as such.

Hope this helps.

-Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandru Dovlecel [mailto:alexandru.dovlecel@siemens.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 10:40 PM
To: 'Apache Torque Users List'
Subject: Multiple packages

Hello all,

How can I have several schema files for one database? I don't like to have a
huge xml file including all the tables for one DB. :(((

Is it possible to use the <external-schema> tag and also generate the
classes and sql from the external schema? If not, an attribute of this tag
would do great. ;)

Best wishes for you all (including torque),
Alex