db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: Torque and XSLT
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:25:11 GMT
Hi Alexandru,

the big advantage of Velocity is the scripting language (Velocity Expression) where reflection
is used to call arbitrary methods. And you can even pass paramters into a method call, and
you can use DOM4J or JDOM, and ..... have a look at the excellent manual ... :-)

This can be also done using the Java binding of a given XSLT engine such as XALAN but is not
straightforward.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandru Dovlecel [mailto:alexandru.dovlecel@siemens.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 2:19 PM
To: 'Apache Torque Users List'
Subject: Torque and XSLT

Hello all,

I do have a question, plain curriosity, I think will not help me in the
development of my projects. Why torque_gen is using velocity templates? Why
not using XSLT transformations? Is there a good reason or only because the
torque was part of the turbine framework (AFAIK)?

Does it mean that Velocity provides extra functionality compared to XSLT?

I am asking those questions because the schema is defines in XML, so an XSLT
transformation was the first thing that was on my mind.

Sorry for flooding the mailing list with such nonsense. :((( But it's about
the curiosity.

Thanks,
Alex