db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Travis.Presc...@novainfo.com
Subject RE: deep collection possible?
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 13:16:38 GMT
Tomasz,
I am not sure if your model is right but you should find the protected join
method in the BaseFilePeer (not sure of name) based on the schema below.
This may not be what you intend but it seems like that based on the foreign
key that is placed in the "file" table.

Travis

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomasz Dreßler [mailto:tdress@terragate.net]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 3:36 PM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: Re: deep collection possible?

Hi Thoms! Thanks for reply.
My BaseServerPeer.java does not contain such protected method.
Out of necessity I call the getFiles(crit) method from each server object.
Maybe the Problem is in schema.xml ?

Greetings
Tomasz

[--- schema.xml ---]
    <column name="serverAdress" primaryKey="true"
        required="true" type="VARCHAR" size="255"
        description="Server Adresse"  />
    <column name="serverName"
      required="true" type="VARCHAR"
      size="128" description="Server Name" />

    <column name="fileId" required="true" primaryKey="true"
      type="INTEGER" autoIncrement="true"
      description="File ID" />
    <column name="serverAdress" required="true"
      type="VARCHAR" size="255"
      description="FK Server Adresse" />
    <column name="filePath" required="true"
      type="LONGVARCHAR"
      description="File Pfad" />
     <column name="fileName" required="true"
      type="VARCHAR" size="255"
      description="File Name" />
    <foreign-key foreignTable="server" onUpdate="cascade">
        <reference local="serverAdress" foreign="serverAdress"/>
    </foreign-key>

Dale Thoms wrote:

>Hi Tomasz,
>
>There should be a protected method in your BaseServerPeer.java called
>doSelectJoinFile(crit) that will fill in the File objs in the Servers.
>You'll need to make a public wrapper method for it in ServerPeer.java,
>so you can then call ServerPeer.doSelectJoinFile(crit).
>
>   Dale
>

>On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:26:04 +0100, "Tomasz Dreßler"
><tdress@terragate.net> said:
>

>>Hi!
>>I have two tables 'server' and 'file'.
>>Without torque I used the query:
>>SELECT server.serverAdress, server.serverName, file.filePath,
>>file.fileName
>>FROM server, file
>>WHERE server.serverAdress=file.serverAdress
>>AND file.fileName like '%search%'
>>
>>I wish that ServerPeer.doSelect(crit) returns a collection of servers.
>>Each server should include the file objects belong to that server.
>>
>>I just get the server without the file objects.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Tomasz Dreßler

Note:  The information contained in this email and in any attachments is
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review,
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.  The recipient should check this email and
any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Sender accepts no liability
for any damages caused by any virus transmitted by this email. If you have
received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and delete the email from your computer.  This e-mail is and any
response to it will be unencrypted and, therefore, potentially unsecure.
Thank you.  NOVA Information Systems, Inc.