db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Torque.init / setting dbcp properties fails
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:18:57 GMT
Hello,

Torque.init causes the following errors:

ERROR [org.apache.torque.dsfactory.AbstractDataSourceFactory] -
(setProperty) Property: logInterval value: 0 is not supported by
DataSource: org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource
ERROR [org.apache.torque.dsfactory.AbstractDataSourceFactory] -
(setProperty) Property: connectionWaitTimeout value: 10 is not supported
by DataSource: org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource
ERROR [org.apache.torque.dsfactory.AbstractDataSourceFactory] -
(setProperty) Property: defaultMaxConnections value: 80 is not supported
by DataSource: org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource
ERROR [org.apache.torque.dsfactory.AbstractDataSourceFactory] -
(setProperty) Property: maxExpiryTime value: 3600 is not supported by
DataSource: org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource
ERROR [org.apache.torque.dsfactory.AbstractDataSourceFactory] -
(setProperty) Property: testOnBorrow value: true is not supported by
DataSource: org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource
ERROR [org.apache.torque.dsfactory.AbstractDataSourceFactory] -
(setProperty) Property: validationQuery value: SELECT 1 is not supported
by DataSource: org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource

My set-up:
PostgreSQL 7.2.1, torque 3.1, Java 2 SDK 1.4.2_01, Windows 2000,

I have managed to eliminate the last two errors by using the latest
commons-dbcp-1.1.jar instead of the one that shipped with Torque 3.1.

I have tried various postgresql drivers but that has no effect. My
impression is that it has nothing to do with the database driver.

Prior database intialization with the torqe generated SQL worked fine.
Inserting a record into one of the tables also works despite the errors
during Torque.init().

I noticed somebody else posted a similar problem in December, but the
issue doesn't seem to have been resolved; at least it wasn't mentioned
in the thread. (see
www.mail-archive.com/torque-user@db.apache.org/msg01873.html)

Any help would be much appreciated.

--