db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Leo Gaggl <leo.ga...@autom-8.com>
Subject problem with BaseXYZPeer.doUpdate(object)
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 04:06:31 GMT
I have been pulling my hair out with the above method trying to update a
record. When I try to update via a peer object the update method above
does not produce any changes in the DB. The object passed into the
method has the same parameters as the one below.
When I trace the calls to the db it seems the CAT_ID is null even though
the object has the correct cat id.

After hours of trying with the object I used a criteria object. doing it
via a criteria object works fine.

Criteria crit = new Criteria();
crit.add(EquipmentCategoryPeer.CAT_ID, catid.intValue());
crit.add(EquipmentCategoryPeer.CAT_DESC,(String)equipcatForm.get("catdesc"));
EquipmentCategoryPeer.doUpdate(crit);

My questions:

1) is this a known problem or has this been experienced before ? I have
searched newsgroups and mailing list and can't find anything.

2) what's considered "best practice" doing updates via criteria or table
objects ?

Thanks in advance,

Leo Gaggl
Adelaide, South Australia