db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Giulio Vezzelli" <giulio.vezze...@infolog.it>
Subject Torque BaseObjects' sons have wrong hashCodes ?!
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:37:41 GMT
I'm trying to use hashCode() to identify business objects generated by
Torque...

Let's say I'm using an object called User.

When the object is instantiated as a New User(), if I check hashCode()
immediately after instantiation the integer returned is different every time
I call hashCode() !!!

If I use check a User object obtained via retrieveByPK, the hashCode()
function is coherent. I checked a bit through Torque's source, but I can't
see why the hashCode is always different... looks like I get the hashCode
for a newly instantied object every time.

Any suggesitions ?!?!?

Giulio Vezzelli
Infolog S.r.l.
Via Alfieri, 28