db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "b0g" <...@bitex.bg>
Subject Re: Torque and XSLT
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:59:12 GMT
Yep ! Velocity Template Language Rocks !And here is why:by using the
template engine you have the power to make translations(generations)based
on an algorithm (functional) driven programming !XSLT can only provide
conversions /translations (not generations)and does it in strongly
declarative manner. (this is AFAIK:)correct me if not
so..regards,bogdan----- Original Message ----- From: "Emmanuel Florent"
&lt;eflorent@formaguide.com&gt;To: "Apache Torque Users List"
&lt;torque-user@db.apache.org&gt;Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 3:56
PMSubject: Re: Torque and XSLT&gt; Try to do 5% of the torque-gen features
with XSLT and then ask question&gt; again :)&gt; It is such a good design
that some here could have extended by doing a&gt; kind of phpmyadmin, but
custom for your model,&gt; One, Bogdan, could have do it in JSP, and I'm
actually doing it in PHP,&gt; using a Model2/MVC framework and some part of
phplib for extending an&gt; application for a customer. Velocity Template
Language Rocks !&gt;&gt; Emmanuel Florent&gt;
http://www.devaki.org/&gt;&gt;&gt; On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 14:18, Alexandru
Dovlecel wrote:&gt; &gt; Hello all,&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; I do have a
question,
plain curriosity, I think will not help me in the&gt; &gt; development of
my projects. Why torque_gen is using velocity templates?Why&gt; &gt; not
using XSLT transformations? Is there a good reason or only becausethe&gt;
&gt; torque was part of the turbine framework (AFAIK)?&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;
Does it mean that Velocity provides extra functionality compared
toXSLT?&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; I am asking those questions because the schema is
defines in XML, so anXSLT&gt; &gt; transformation was the first thing that
was on my mind.&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Sorry for flooding the mailing list with
such nonsense. :((( But it'sabout&gt; &gt; the curiosity.&gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt;
Thanks,&gt; &gt; Alex&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;