db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <d...@solaraccess.com>
Subject Re: torque-gen multiple db ?
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:31:01 GMT
On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 10:31, Bogdan Vatkov wrote:
> > So, it seems like what would have to be done is to have Torque read in
> > all the schema (since you may have relationships across XML files) but
> > potentially generate only some of the output SQL/OM classes, correct?
> If we have separate project-schema.xml files then torque will generate
> separate SQL files. It will not generate separate SQL files if we use the
> technique of splitting chunks in one schema.xml file.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to clarify--just wanted to make sure I
understood the problem correctly to see if anything I'm working on would
help.

But the issue is cross-complete-xml-schema-file keys, right? So if it
read in all schema files and (logically) merged them into one and then
could generate SQL/OM for all or some of the actual schema files, that
would solve the problem, right?

Dave