db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Otte" <Gerhard.O...@emediapark.de>
Subject AW: DB Issues
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:24:32 GMT
may be you should try microsoft instead of Microsoft in the
connection url

Gerhard Otte
__
mailto:G.Otte@emediapark.de     emediapark GmbH http://www.emediapark.de
Tel:+49 (0)941 630804-2 Fax:-9  Hemauerstr.14,93047 Regensburg,Germany

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Tebano, Vincent A [mailto:vincent.a.tebano@lmco.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 5. März 2004 14:01
An: torque-user@db.apache.org
Betreff: DB Issues

I can't seem to get the system to connect to my Microsoft SQL 2000 DB.

Are these statements needs in Torque.Properties when I am setting up my
own
DB.

torque.database.default=default

torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataS
ourc
eFactory

		torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
		torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
		torque.dsfactory.default.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10

		torque.database.logInterval=0

		torque.idbroker.cleverquantity=true

Here is what I have set in the Torque.Properties file.  I have omitted
my
ip, user and password for obvious reasons.

		torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver =
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
		torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url =
jdbc:Microsoft:sqlserver:<ip address>:1433
		torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user =  <user>
		torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password =
<password>

I am getting this error when I startup the application.

	org.apache.jetspeed.om.profile.ProfileException:
java.lang.NullPointerException

I have also had the error that states that the system could not connect
the DB.

Any Ideas what I am doing wrong?

Vincent A. Tebano  (Vinnie)
Software Engineer
Lockheed Martin Aircraft & Logistics Centers
244 Terminal Road
Greenville, SC  29605
864-299-7267