db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Dovlecel" <alexandru.dovle...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: torque-gen multiple db ?
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:30:30 GMT
Hi,

My proposal would be the following (and will not have a large impact on the
already existing design): add an attribute 'generate' in the external
schema. Default value is false. If true, the torque-gen will 'include' the
external schemas inside this schema and generate all the classes (included
the ones for the external schema). If false, the torque gen. will have the
current behaviour (that seems to be correct when refferencing a different
database schema).

e.g.:

<external-schema file="A-schema.xml" generate="true" />

Question: the torque-gen should have only one schema entry, and not to
access all the *-schema.xml files in the schema directory? And if required,
this schema entry will include some other external schemas and also use the
generate tag?

I think this idea was presented before, not so shure about it.

Comments are always welcome. If there are some mistakes in my proposal,
sorry, I am new to torque.

Best wishes,
Alex
P.S. : by applying this change, you could also make torque to generate
classes in different packages. :))) With no change in template files.