db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Dovlecel" <alexandru.dovle...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: torque-gen multiple db ?
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:58:33 GMT
Hi,

I have just started using torque. An expert should confirm if this is a good
approach or not: for each module create a <modulename>-schema.xml. If one
table of module A has relations with a table from module B, then in
A-schema.xml add the following tag:
	<external-schema filename="B-schema.xml" />

By doing this you can also customize the package in which you are going to
generate the files for the specified module.

Dunno if crossreferences (A ref to B and B ref to A) works.

If using the IdBroker, this solution does not work properly (I think)
because it generates several ids for the same table. So you are going to
have for table Table1 (module B) two entries: Table1 with key 100 and Table1
with key 1100 (the last one was added when building the id-sql for the A
module that refs the B module). I NEED CONFIRMATION IF THIS IS A BUG OF
TORQUE OR NOT, PLS.

Hope it somehow helps you.
Alex