db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Bogdan Vatkov" <bvat...@globaltech-bg.com>
Subject Re: torque-gen multiple db ?
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:58:48 GMT
What I need is to have different schemas of one database. and maybe i was
wrong
to talk about multiple databases ..actually i need 1 database and multiple
schemas
in postgresql the schema is something like namespace (i do not mean xml
schema or conceptual db schema)

So the method of accomplishing the multiple schema i think was to somehow
use multiple database definition method

I think your way is not suitable for me as long as i need to have relations
between some tables located in
different schemas.

for the moment i have all the tables from all the schemas in one XML
definition file.

examle:
<database id="globalservices" name="globalservices" defaultidMethod="native"
defaultJavaType="object"basePeer="org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer"
defaultJavaNamingMethod="javaname" heavyIndexing="false">

abstract="false" basePeer="org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer"
heavyIndexing="false" description="" x="4774" y="2482" width="106"
height="142">
6 more tables with names "sys.tablename"

abstract="false" basePeer="org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer"
heavyIndexing="false" description="" x="5125" y="2807" width="100"
height="90">
5 more tables with names "cs.tablename"

and 4-5 more namespaces with 5-9 tables in each

the code here contains some extra attributes and it is because i have used
devaki to visualize my XML db schema.

Of course i have made some corrections in the torque runtime &
torque-generator to successfully support the . (dot)
inside tables names. but now i want to separate the definition of each
schema and place it in a separate file (xml file)

any other suggestions will be appreciated

regards,
bogdan