db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Dovlecel" <alexandru.dovle...@siemens.com>
Subject Torque and XSLT
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:18:55 GMT
Hello all,

I do have a question, plain curriosity, I think will not help me in the
development of my projects. Why torque_gen is using velocity templates? Why
not using XSLT transformations? Is there a good reason or only because the
torque was part of the turbine framework (AFAIK)?

Does it mean that Velocity provides extra functionality compared to XSLT?

I am asking those questions because the schema is defines in XML, so an XSLT
transformation was the first thing that was on my mind.

Sorry for flooding the mailing list with such nonsense. :((( But it's about
the curiosity.

Thanks,
Alex