db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Brent Atkins" <Brent.Atk...@Pro-Sys.biz>
Subject RE: Using Torque's project-schema.xml to generate other files
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:32:36 GMT
Hey Siegfried,

Thanks for your answer.

You mentioned that there is a Templates directory.  I never had seem it before, but your post
made
me look at it a bit closer and I saw that torque-gen.jar has the templates.  The standard
Torque.jar
however doesn't have the templates...

This really where my confusion started.

I can understand how Torque-gen.jar could create the source from the schema and the templates,
but
there is apparently some other mechanism for making those files in Torque.jar.  Which makes
me
question my understanding how Torque-gen.jar actually works.  So I guess a good question is,
what is
different and should I care?

Any ideas?

You are right about setting up maven to generate Torque's docs in xdoc format for inclusion
into
your Maven site.  In case you were curious, the properties to set (in project.properties)
are...

# Settings to generate torque docs in xdoc format
# and place in xdoc directory for inclusion in
# Maven site:generate goal

torque.doc.format = anakia
torque.doc.dir = xdocs/database

Then all you have to do is create a xdocs/navigation.xml with code like this...

<project name="ProjectName" href="www.foobar.com">
  <title>Project Name</title>

// You can do it as a top bar link
    <links>
      <item name="Torque Docs" href="database/project-schema.html" />
    </links>

// Or put it in the side menu if you'd like with
    <menu name="Torque">
      <item name="Torque Docs" href="database/project-schema.html" />
    </menu>
</project>

Just run [maven torque:doc] and [maven site:generate] and you are good to go.

Since I already have the normal documentation setup, I'm more excited about setting up templates
where web developers can see documentation about the Struts implementation.   Which, I would
imagine, will require a new velocity template.