db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Gautam, Ajay" <agau...@ets.org>
Subject ID_TABLE question
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:19:24 GMT
Hello

I was wondering if there is a document that explains the inner workings of
ID_TABLE's NEXT_ID management. Or maybe someone on this list could elobrate
on the same in view of the following issues:

I have set ID_TABLE to start at NEXT_ID from 1, and QUANTITY to 1;
#
# ID Broker Default Values
#
initialID      = 101
torque.initialIDValue = 1
torque.initialIDStep  = 1

As a part of setting up my (MySQL) database, I insert records in some of the
tables. (example) I insert 2 records in ITEM table, with ID values 1 and 2.

Here are my questions / issues:

1. How does ID_TABLE manage the NEXT_ID field ? Currently, ITEM table has a
NEXT_ID value of 28806, instead of "3" that I would expect. Similar is the
case with many other tables. How can I tell ID_TABLE to behave properly ?

2. How do I tell ID_TABLE to select max(ID) from the tables that it will
manage, and use MAX(ID) + 1 as the starting NEXT_ID value ? Inserting values
in tables does not work, as ID_TABLE has NEXT_ID value which already exists
in the table !.

I tried looking into the code, but got impatient, and left that avenue. I am
tried to search on google, but again got impatient ! :(

Any help / info would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

--
Ajay Gautam

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom
it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or
take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete
it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you
for your compliance.