db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: Question torque vs OJB
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:09:03 GMT
Hi Charles,

I do my best as non-OJB user

+) OJB comes with different peristance APIs and a proper cache integration
+) OJB uses reflection and XML metadata to map database fields to member variables and vice
versa
+) Torque comes with simple templates to generate OBJ oject model
+) There was an attempt to create a complex object model including the mapping files but this
is broken
+) Martin Poeschl had a presentation about Torque Gen and ObjectBridge at ApacheCon

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles-Alexandre Sabourdin [mailto:kaneda@dedaletechnology.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 2:50 PM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Question torque vs OJB

	Hello,

	I am developping a Struts Web application using Torque, but my client
recently decide to turn my torque dev into a ojb. This apach project seem to
me like a cousin of Torque.
Could any one explain me the "similarity and difference" from toque to OJB,
and is there a way to create the ojb repository from torque gen ??

--
Charles-Alexandre
SABOURDIN