db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: Dates in Oracle with hour, minute...
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:58:38 GMT
Hi folks,

since I have the same problem, could you send me the changes as well. I have a look if we
can properly patch village

Thanks in advance

Siegfried Goeschl
siegfried.goeschl@drei.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan-Martin Roth [mailto:jmroth@mtg.de]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 4:45 PM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: Re: Dates in Oracle with hour, minute...

Hi Felipe,

the cause seems to be the 9i JDBC-driver that has a problem with the
time-component of DATE-values. (Oracle 8i JDBC driver does fine.)

The problem is, that oracle returns DataType 91 (DATE) instead of 93
(Timestamp). Therfore in the workindogs-classes the time of the day is
ignored afterwards.

We have put a work-around in the com.workingdogs classes in torque-utils.jar

I will mail a library workingdogs.jar to your mail-adress.
Try that (and remove the corresponding classes from torque-utils.jar!).

Best regards, hasta luego!

Jan-Martin Roth

Dipl.Math. Jan-Martin Roth
JMRoth@mtg.de