db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: Generating Oracle indexes? and scales for number datatypes?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:08:44 GMT
Hi David,

I have the same problem but no proper solution

+) We have a sperate SQL script for setting up the database with all the Oracle goodies
+) Torque should be able to detect INTEGER based on scale and precision but it doesn't work
+) I also have problems with BLOB - no datatype is generated

I think of writing a small XSLT to post-process the generated schema file

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

-----Original Message-----
From: David Goudreau [mailto:David.Goudreau@evant.com]
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 9:02 PM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Generating Oracle indexes? and scales for number datatypes?

Is anyone using the generator to create Oracle indexes?  It's crucial
for us to both generate them and create them if we're going to use
Torque.

And has anyone run into problems with the scales of number datatypes in
Oracle?  The generator, when it spits out to XML, doesn't capture the
correct scale for decimals and the like.  TIA.

David M. Goudreau
david.goudreau@evant.com
(415) 403-6706
235 Montgomery Street, Suite 1300