db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Gerard Airey <gerard.ai...@isl-biometrics.com>
Subject RE: Question about setup (quick)
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:59:25 GMT

I did the same thing, except I kept the property file in the torque
directory and ran ant from there. The paths in the property file, as you
have in your example, generated the output directly into my project source
area.

Regards,
Gerard.

-----Original Message-----
From: Trever Shick [mailto:tshick@seqtek.com]
Sent: 26 February 2004 15:36
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Question about setup (quick)

Question about setup.

I've got torque running with very little problem. However I don't care
to have a bunch of torque files in my project that are used for
generation ( a tool basically ).

So here's what I did:

I have two projects torque-gen (which is just the torque-gen.jar
expanded) and then I have my "torque-test" project".

torque-gen/
    lib/
    templates/
    build-torque.xml
    build.properties
    *.properties

torque-test/
    schema/test-schema.xml
    lib/(torque runtime libs)
    db/test-schema.sql
    build.properties

My torque-test/build.properties contains:
    torque.java.dir = ../torque-test/src-generated
    torque.sql.dir = ../torque-test/db
    torque.schema.dir = ../torque-test/schema
    torque.doc.dir = ../torque-test/doc
    torque.javadoc.dir = ../torque-test/javadoc

Then, to run the ant build on torque-build.xml I run (in torque-test):
ant -f ../torque-gen/torque-build.xml -propertyfile build.properties

This all seems to work very well and really splits the torque generation
tool from my actual project code base.

Does anyone see any major flaws with this?  Has anyone else done this
with success?

Thanks

--

Trever M. Shick

Sequoyah Technologies
2448 East 81st Street, Suite 2500
Tulsa, OK  74137

tshick@seqtek.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:   The information contained in this document and
accompanying documents is legally privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named herein.  If the
reader of this transmittal is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copy of this
information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmittal
and accompanying information in error, please immediately notify us by
telephone and return the original document and accompanying information to
us at the address above and destroy any copies received.  Thank You!