db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Trever Shick <tsh...@seqtek.com>
Subject Question about setup (quick)
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:35:31 GMT
Question about setup.

I've got torque running with very little problem. However I don't care
to have a bunch of torque files in my project that are used for
generation ( a tool basically ).

So here's what I did:

I have two projects torque-gen (which is just the torque-gen.jar
expanded) and then I have my "torque-test" project".

torque-gen/
    lib/
    templates/
    build-torque.xml
    build.properties
    *.properties

torque-test/
    schema/test-schema.xml
    lib/(torque runtime libs)
    db/test-schema.sql
    build.properties

My torque-test/build.properties contains:
    torque.java.dir = ../torque-test/src-generated
    torque.sql.dir = ../torque-test/db
    torque.schema.dir = ../torque-test/schema
    torque.doc.dir = ../torque-test/doc
    torque.javadoc.dir = ../torque-test/javadoc

Then, to run the ant build on torque-build.xml I run (in torque-test):
ant -f ../torque-gen/torque-build.xml -propertyfile build.properties

This all seems to work very well and really splits the torque generation
tool from my actual project code base.

Does anyone see any major flaws with this?  Has anyone else done this
with success?

Thanks

--

Trever M. Shick

Sequoyah Technologies
2448 East 81st Street, Suite 2500
Tulsa, OK  74137

tshick@seqtek.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:   The information contained in this document and accompanying documents
is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual
or entity named herein.  If the reader of this transmittal is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copy of this information
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmittal and accompanying information
in error, please immediately notify us by telephone and return the original document and accompanying
information to us at the address above and destroy any copies received.  Thank You!