db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Best Practice for Accessing DB objects generically
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:40:13 GMT
Cameron Hickey wrote:

>What are considered the best and/or most direct means of accessing data
>from a variety of torque objects in a generic way?  Specifically, my
>goal is to create a generic DAO class which can handle LIST as well as
>AddUpdateDelete functions on any torque OM object simply by passing in
>the table name as a string.  One obvious example of a use for this is a
>web-based database administration tool, which is at least part of what I
>am trying to accomplish.
>Thanks for any advice/links
Turbine (where torque originated) has a class
org.apache.turbine.om.OMTool whose goal was to provide generic access to
torque objects.  I don't believe the class is currently in working
order, but it may provide you with some hints as to how to do what you want.

Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.