db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Criticism on Torque
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:59:14 GMT
Peter Boheme wrote:

>Last 2 days i spend much of my time in these several
>xml/properties files. For me, this tool is very hard
>to use, even with your helpful advices on that
>mailing-list. Reading the archive of this
>mailing-list, let assume me other users of torque have
>similiar problems.
>
>I think there are three possibilities why.
>1. I am new two Torque
>2. I am to silly to use it
>3. The usage of Torgue is to complicated.
>
>Even if 1 & 2 is right, i think a good tool
>should be usable by a guy like me.
>Especially for Torque cause it comes in version 3.1
>and not 0.9. Another reason is: we are living in the
>3rd millennium...
>

>Whats your opinion ?

My opinion is that if after waging battle for two days you could find a
couple of hours to document what you have learned either to the list or
on the wiki it would help move things in the right direction.  If you
provide no feedback as to the specific problems you have encountered
then nothing can be done to address them.

Anyone and everyone is welcome and encouraged to contribute
documentation.  If torque works for you, why not return the favour and
invest a few hours improving things.

Scott

--
Scott Eade