db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Criticism on Torque
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:56:12 GMT
Peter Boheme wrote:

> Last 2 days i spend much of my time in these several
> xml/properties files. For me, this tool is very hard
> to use, even with your helpful advices on that
> mailing-list. Reading the archive of this
> mailing-list, let assume me other users of torque have
> similiar problems.

I also struggled to get torque to work. My biggest problems were
misleading or incomplete documentation - took quite a while to find out
what was really going on.

To save yourselve a lot of headaches, learn how to use maven
http://maven.apache.org, and launch torque from maven. There is a lot
less work to do, as maven sets up your torque environment for you. It's
more stuff to get your head around, but it's well worth the effort.

Regards,
Graham