db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: setting charSet via Torque.properties ?
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:16:35 GMT
E.Nebrat wrote:

> I use torque-3.1, + jdbc-odbc driver.
> I need to pass charSet property to the jdbc connection. I tried simply
> to put such line in Torque.properties:
>    torque.dsfactory.mydatabase.connection.charset=Cp1251
> or even
>    torque.dsfactory.mydatabase.connection.charSet=Cp1251
> and I saw no reaction. Even when I put charset=CrazyCharsetName (if I
> do so directly using jdbc connection, it causes exceptions) - no
> reaction again.
>
> Is there some possibilty to do it?
> My Torque.properties:
>
> torque.database.default = utm
> torque.dsfactory.utm.adapter=msaccess
> torque.dsfactory.utm.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory

> torque.dsfactory.utm.connection.driver=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
> torque.dsfactory.utm.connection.url=jdbc:odbc:utm-test
> torque.dsfactory.utm.connection.charset=Cp1251   // ???
> torque.dsfactory.utm.connection.user=
> torque.dsfactory.utm.connection.password=

Specifying the charset is dbms dependent.  for MySQL it is done as part
of the connection url, for PostgreSQL it is picked up from the database
itself.  You will need to determine how this might be accepted by the
jdbc-odbc driver.  I wouldn't imagine you would want to do anything
serious using the jdbc-odbc bridge anyway - it will be simpler in the
long term to go ahead and use MySQL (or PostgreSQL or whatever) now.

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.