db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: postgres sequence definition
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:47:50 GMT
E.Nebrat wrote:

> could somebody help with defining postgres sequence using
> id-method-parameter? Is it possible? I'd like to use "native"
> id-method and to setup sequence initial value. Can I do this with
> id-method-parameter?

Assuming the sequence already exists, but you have loaded data into the
table manually you would set the initial value in PostgreSQL itself
using something like:
    SELECT setval('tableName_columnName_seq', max(columnName)) FROM
tableName;

Your schema needs to include definition of the correct sequence names as
the last child element in the table element thus:
    <id-method-parameter name="seqName" value="tableName_columnName_seq"/>

For further details see:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TorqueProjectPages/PostgreSQLFAQ

Scott

--