db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Raffaele Ragni <raffaele.ra...@adrialab.it>
Subject Re: (another toruqe-gui) ddorque [src]
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:36:24 GMT
Charles-Alexandre Sabourdin wrote:

>Le Jeudi 19 Février 2004 13:31, Raffaele Ragni a écrit :
>

>>Hi list,
>>  months ago i was searching for a visual tool for building the xml
>>schema for torque, but didn't find one..
>>  Then i thought about a tool for that purpose, 'ddorque' (d and d
>>stands for database design).
>>  Right now i have reached a decent working version (still need to
>>complete a pair of things).
>>  The tool is based on the dtd, so that all the data that can be saved
>>in xml can be done by the program
>>  (except for two tags wich still doesn't have implementation:
>>inheritance and id-method-parameter).
>>
>>  Since it's working good i thought to rend it public in the mailing
>>list where it would be most used.
>>  The project does not have a site or a repository, but probably it will
>>in the future.
>>
>>    The sources are under the GPL.
>>  required libraries for running/compiling are xerces implementations:
>>  xercesImpl.jar, xml-apis.jar, xmlParserAPIs.jar.
>>  The j2sdk version wich it's developed is 1.4
>>

>>- Raffaele Ragni
>>

>There is already a Torsue GUI project call devaki http://www.devaki.org/.
>
>It is at alpha state but I works .
>I encourage you to join this project.

That was not my point; i did my tool for my use first, and then thought
of sharing it when i realized it could be useful (i didn't knew of the
other project when i started).
And, i'm not trashing my work anyway.

I cannot post the binaries still since this mailing list is blocking jar
type files, so i'm currently searching a hosting (approx. 1 mb) for it.