db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Raffaele Ragni <raffaele.ra...@adrialab.it>
Subject Re: (another toruqe-gui) ddorque [src]
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:27:57 GMT
Scott Eade wrote:

> Raffaele Ragni wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>  months ago i was searching for a visual tool for building the xml
>> schema for torque, but didn't find one..
>>  Then i thought about a tool for that purpose, 'ddorque' (d and d
>> stands for database design).
>>  Right now i have reached a decent working version (still need to
>> complete a pair of things).
>>  The tool is based on the dtd, so that all the data that can be saved
>> in xml can be done by the program
>>  (except for two tags wich still doesn't have implementation:
>> inheritance and id-method-parameter).
>>
>>  Since it's working good i thought to rend it public in the mailing
>> list where it would be most used.
>>  The project does not have a site or a repository, but probably it
>> will in the future.
>>
>>    The sources are under the GPL.
>>  required libraries for running/compiling are xerces implementations:
>>  xercesImpl.jar, xml-apis.jar, xmlParserAPIs.jar.
>>  The j2sdk version wich it's developed is 1.4
>>

>> - Raffaele Ragni
>

> How does your implementation compare to devaki-nextobjects?
>
>    http://www.devaki.org/
>
> We are discussing incubating devaki-nextobjects to eventually bring it
> in to be part of torque.
>
> Scott

It acts more like a 'specific' editor for the xml schemas, but in a
visual way.
If i understood well, devaki exports it's filetypes as schemas for
torque, isnt it?

The schemas are treated as saved files, so they can be read/saved as a
normal filetype.
(it just adds some comments for visual position for tables).

Other than that, it's a very simple tool.