db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Latin or iso-8859-2 or UTF-8, whatever!
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 22:06:00 GMT
Ales Vaupotic wrote:

> I just can't save the entries from my simple form to the database and
> display them (with my local characters correctly) later. Not in Win2K,
> not in FreeBSD, not in Linux!!!!
>
> Now, can someone, PLEASE, write down a small HOWTO of working configs
> with written changes to default configs of all of the above? Please,
> I've searched the 'net but all the discussions were either about older
> versions of the software or were not working with my setup.

You need to set the encoding you are using on your MySQL connection thus:

torque.dsfactory.bookstore.connection.url =
jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/bookstoredb?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=ISO8859-1

Obviously you would use your own values for "bookstore", "bookstoredb"
and the encoding.

Please feel free to add this to the wiki.

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.