db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Ales Vaupotic <ales.vaupo...@email.si>
Subject Latin or iso-8859-2 or UTF-8, whatever!
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 21:00:30 GMT
Hi, list!

I am a newbie regarding the java programming and after writing my first
few lines of  my first webapp with torque, I have come across this mess
with character sets.
I live in Slovenia and  I  need some other coding than iso-8859-1. Since
I am a fresh starter, I can choose my environment and technologies.
So, I chose to go with JSP and servlets and here is my setup:

Win 2K, JDK 1.4.2_03, Tomcat  5.0.18, MySQL 4.1.1, Torque 3.1
my other tho machines are FreeBSD 5.2 with Java built from ports and
RedHat 9.0 with the same software as above.

I just can't save the entries from my simple form to the database and
display them (with my local characters correctly) later. Not in Win2K,
not in FreeBSD, not in Linux!!!!

Now, can someone, PLEASE, write down a small HOWTO of working configs
with written changes to default configs of all of the above? Please,
I've searched the 'net but all the discussions were either about older
versions of the software or were not working with my setup.

Maybe my configuration is wrong and I should use some older MySQL or
older Tomcat? Can you, please, point me in the right direction which works?
I am especially counting on guys from my neighbouring countries in
Eastern Europe who had (or still have?) the same problem.

Thank you all,

Ales