db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Rob Gordon <rgor...@mwt.net>
Subject autoincrement deprecated?
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 17:35:36 GMT

Does anyone know the story on why autoincrement is deprecated? It is
supposed to be replaced with native.

[Using torque 3.1]

If I generate my sql with a table schema with idMethod='autoincrement'
I get the properly generated table creation sql (per mysql documentation)
with the AUTO_INCREMENT keyword in the column definition.

If I use idMethod='native', I do not get the table sql as would be expected
by mysql doc. When I try to insert  multiple records, I get an exception:
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid argument value,  message from server:
"Duplicate entry '0' for key 1"

It appears 'native' does not do autoincrement.

Am I missing something?