db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Felipe Ramos" <fra...@tissat.es>
Subject Retrieving a big list of ids but not a big list of objects
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:21:29 GMT
I'm working with Torque 3.1 and I need to catch a List of ids of a table
of customers ( I only need their ids). That table can have thousands of
rows, and each row has  a lot of columns, so using Criteria to catch a
list of thousands of customer objects is very inefficient and very,
very,  slow.  I only need the ids of a query like this "select id from
customer where money>500" .

How  can I develop a method that execute that query and return only a
list of ids without having to retrieve a list of objects?
Which is the best solution?

Thank you very much!