db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Torque Objects for multiple databases
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:55:06 GMT
Eric Pugh wrote:

>When you compile some Torque objects for one database platform.  Will they
>work against a different database?  Or do you need to compile them for each
>type of database?  Any approachs on how to handle the multiple different
>types of database at run time versus compile time?

Eric,

If you look here:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TorqueProjectPages/NextRelease

You will see this:

> move all db specific stuff from the generated classes to the base
> classes (so you don't have to regenerate the modell for different dbs)

So this pretty much provides a "No" answer to your question.

I believe Rob's work involves support for multiple databases using the
same schema _and_ underlying RDBMS so I think you are talking about two
different things.

Cheers,

Scott

--