db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Hans Lellelid" <h...@velum.net>
Subject RE: Torque Objects for multiple databases
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:54:52 GMT
> AFIK. The torque OMs can work gainst any database. The sql files do need
> be generated for the specific database.

There is (as pointed out in another email) an assumption that the database
name is the same.

Additionally,  I believe that there are (unless recently changed) some
cases whether the generated OM will differ slightly depending on the
RDBMS.  E.g. transactions will be entered if you are using a BLOB col w/
Postgres.

I'm actually not a Torque user, but have written a PHP5 port of Torque,
Propel (http://propel.phpdb.org).  In Propel, the OM is even further
customized to the underlying RDBMS -- e.g. to emulate cascading deletes
for database that don't do that natively.  Obviously that doesn't apply to
Torque, per se, but is just an observation that RDBMS-specific tweaks in
generated Java source should be expected.

Cheers,
Hans