db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Travis.Presc...@novainfo.com
Subject java.sql.SQLException: invalid arguments in call when running "Bo ok" example
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 17:33:30 GMT
My apologies for the newbie question...The FAQ list had no information about
this.  I can generate code for the sample Torque application and it will
auto-generate the database.  However, when I try to run the sample test
application, I get the following error and associated stack trace.  Perhaps
others have seen the same problem.  I am confused since I was able to
configure the property file with enough information to create the db but it
gets confused about writing to the db.

Travis

C:\projects\workspace\emt\webApplication\WEB-INF\classes>java
com.novainfo.emt.test.TestTorque
java.sql.SQLException: invalid arguments in call
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:1160)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:184)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:360)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:521)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:325)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS.getPooledConnection(Dr
iverAdapterCPDS.java:205)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS.getPooledConnection(Dr
iverAdapterCPDS.java:175)
        at
org.apache.torque.pool.ConnectionPool.getNewConnection(ConnectionPool.java:2
54)
        at
org.apache.torque.pool.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool.java:223)
        at
org.apache.torque.pool.TorqueClassicDataSource.getConnection(TorqueClassicDa
taSource.java:488)
        at
org.apache.torque.pool.TorqueClassicDataSource.getConnection(TorqueClassicDa
taSource.java:458)
        at
org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:743)
        at org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Torque.java:306)
        at
org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.beginOptional(Transaction.java:118)
        at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.begin(Transaction.java:100)
        at com.novainfo.emt.dao.BasePublisher.save(BasePublisher.java:490)
        at com.novainfo.emt.dao.BasePublisher.save(BasePublisher.java:471)
        at com.novainfo.emt.test.TestTorque.go(TestTorque.java:31)
        at com.novainfo.emt.test.TestTorque.main(TestTorque.java:13)
rethrown as org.apache.torque.TorqueException: invalid arguments in call
        at
org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:755)
        at org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Torque.java:306)
        at
org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.beginOptional(Transaction.java:118)
        at org.apache.torque.util.Transaction.begin(Transaction.java:100)
        at com.novainfo.emt.dao.BasePublisher.save(BasePublisher.java:490)
        at com.novainfo.emt.dao.BasePublisher.save(BasePublisher.java:471)
        at com.novainfo.emt.test.TestTorque.go(TestTorque.java:31)
        at com.novainfo.emt.test.TestTorque.main(TestTorque.java:13)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: invalid arguments in call
[...]
        ... 7 more

Note:  The information contained in this email and in any attachments is
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review,
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.  The recipient should check this email and
any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Sender accepts no liability
for any damages caused by any virus transmitted by this email. If you have
received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and delete the email from your computer.  This e-mail is and any
response to it will be unencrypted and, therefore, potentially unsecure.
Thank you.  NOVA Information Systems, Inc.