db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Giulio Vezzelli" <giulio.vezze...@infolog.it>
Subject R: Criticism on Torque
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:24:43 GMT
Actually, I have quite a different point of view about Torque.

We're employing it in production environments, even in multi-contexted web
application servers, and it doesn't show weaknesses or long-run bugs.

It *is* a good tool, which needed just 1 day of experimenting.

Of course we had some problems, but, HEY, it's open-source, and we fixed
stuff. (related to DB2 and italian locale).

When we reach production quality with patches, we'll submit them, of course.

And I hope I'll find a way to contribute to the documentation side, too.

PS: I've even built a generator which automatically builds JSP files for
creating/saving/searching Torque objects, starting from just Torque's
project-schema file. This was possible because Torque *has* an
understandable architecture.

Giulio Vezzelli
Infolog S.r.l.
Via Alfieri, 28