db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Ekkehard Kraemer <ekrae...@pluto.camelot.de>
Subject Re: Help required :- Oracle sid 's ??
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:21:20 GMT
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:15:00 +0100, Ben Bookey <brgbookey@hotmail.com> wrote:

> 1) When using oracle with Torque, we have come to the conclusion that
> when generating the java code, the Oracle service name (SID) is hard-coded
> into the java code itself. This means that we must re-compile the java
> classes for each new SID? Can anyone confirm if I am correct with this
> theory ?

Almost.

Torque writes a default database name (static final String DATABASE_NAME) in your peer classes.
That database name is just a handle. The DB of it (SID etc.) is configured in your properties
file.

You can configure more than one database names in that property file, and you can specify
differen database names in Criteria constructors.

Check out another thread from a few days ago - some work on this needs to be done (or some
documentation at least, maybe).

Have fun,
Ekkehard