db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Edwin Yearwood <Edwin.Yearw...@reuters.com>
Subject RE: Creating XML Database schema file from existing Database schema.
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:34:20 GMT
Thanks All, its such a relief knowing that torque supports this, and Göschl thanks our environment
is also Oracle 9i and Torque 3.1 so your experience was extremely helpful.

Thanks again.

Edwin Yearwood
Developer
BTG
Reuters

Telephone		+44 (0)208 542 5818
Email			edwin.yearwood@reuters.com
Reuters Messaging 	edwin.yearwood.reuters.com@reuters.net

-----Original Message-----
From: "Göschl,Siegfried" [mailto:Siegfried.Goeschl@drei.com]
Sent: 29 January 2004 12:18
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: RE: Creating XML Database schema file from existing Database schema.

Hi Edwin,

depending on your database you might need a few manual modifications.

In my case with Oracle 9i and Torque 3.1 I encountered the following problems yesterday

+) the default value for TIMESTAMP (=SYSDATE) confuses Torque
+) with BLOB no datatype is inserted which results in compile errors
+) all my NUMBERs get mapped to Decimal even if INTEGER is appropriate
+) you should add the database name to the <database> element in
+resulting XML schema file

I consider writing a tiny XSLT to fix the thingies by using the ANT xsl task ... in this case
I have complete round-trip engineering

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl