db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Upright Joe <...@uprightjoe.com>
Subject Web Applications
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:53:43 GMT
Hey everybody, st00pid newbie here... I've gone through the torque
tutorial successfully and experimented a bit beyond it but now I'm
trying to use torque in a web application for the first time and have
run into some trouble.  I'm confused about the Torque.properties file
and the init() method.  I've placed the Torque.properties file in the
root of my .war, in WEB-INF/, WEB-INF/classes, WEB-INF/lib, just about
everywhere, but when I call init("Torque.properties") it can't find it.
  Where is it supposed to live and how do I reference it?  Also, do I
call init() in each class that uses Torque or do I need to somehow only
call it once when the web app is deployed?  Sorry if this is a dumb
question, but I can't find anything in the docs to help me.  Thanks
much.

--Travis Hanna