db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Scot Hale" <hal...@hotmail.com>
Subject Central Schema Repository
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:22:22 GMT
(I was going to try and send this email to db-general, but the subscribe
email kept bouncing back.)

I am looking for a user/security database schema.  Do you think it would be
a good idea to house example schemas for security models and user models
within DB-Commons, or Torque, or some other central location?  This may be a
nice way to kick start development of a new projects.

A single repository might include :

1.) torque xml database schema
2.) torque xml datadump.  With common initial rows for tables.
3.) the sql database schemas for various supported databases (torque could
generate these from the xml)
4.) the sql datadump for various supported databases.  For common initial
rows for tables.

I thought I would just bounce this idea off of everybody.  What do you
think?

Scot Hale