db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: Creating XML Database schema file from existing Database schema.
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:18:04 GMT
Hi Edwin,

depending on your database you might need a few manual modifications.

In my case with Oracle 9i and Torque 3.1 I encountered the following problems yesterday

+) the default value for TIMESTAMP (=SYSDATE) confuses Torque
+) with BLOB no datatype is inserted which results in compile errors
+) all my NUMBERs get mapped to Decimal even if INTEGER is appropriate
+) you should add the database name to the <database> element in resulting XML schema
file

I consider writing a tiny XSLT to fix the thingies by using the ANT xsl task ... in this case
I have complete round-trip engineering

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

-----Original Message-----
From: Sperlich, Tino [mailto:t.sperlich@hpc-hamburg.de]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 1:00 PM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: AW: Creating XML Database schema file from existing Database
schema.

Hi,

try setting up your Torque project as described in
the user guide. (especially edit torque.properties to
reflect your db-setting)

then run the build-torque.xml with ant using the task "jdbc" ,
that connects to your db and generates and xxx-schema.xml

On my machine it took a while for the task to complete (~10-15 min),
but it was running stable...

HTH,

TIno

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----