db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: Torque and Struts problem
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:04:33 GMT
Hi Paul,

it seems more a Struts problem than Torque but you could have a look at the compiled JSP pages.
Maybe you are using an older BEA WebLogic ... :-) ... I had my share of surprises recently

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Daniell [mailto:pdaniell@ign.com]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 8:39 PM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Torque and Struts problem

I've encountered a strange problem with Struts when used with Torque. I retrieve an object
using the following:

ArrayList list = (ArrayList)ComponentPeer.doSelect(new Criteria());
request.setAttribute("components", list);
Component c = (Component)list.get(0);
request.setAttribute("comptest", c);
System.out.println(c.getName());

In the logs this will appropriately print the name of the object "c". However, when I invoke
the following JSP
<c:out value="${comptest.name}"/>

I get the following Exception:

HTTP ERROR: 500 An error occurred while evaluating custom action attribute "value" with value
"${comptest.name}": An error occurred while getting property "name" from an instance of class
org.ttemplating.internal.dataobjects.Component (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object
is not an instance of declaring class)

Any advice appreciated.
Paul