db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: Two EAR and two Torque.properties
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:16:54 GMT
Hi Mujahid,

which version of Torque and JBoss are you using?! It doesn't seem to be Torque 3.1 since line
240 in Torque.java is the shutdown() ... ;-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

-----Original Message-----
From: Mujahid Malaysia [mailto:harimaumalaya@fastmail.fm]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 4:57 AM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Two EAR and two Torque.properties

Hi all,

I have two different J2EE applications in two .EAR in a single JBoss.
Each application is going to connect to its' own database through Torque.
So, each application has its' own Torque.properties etc.

Let's name these two applications with App1.ear and App2.ear. Now, if I
connect to App1.ear first, the db connection in App2.ear can't be
initialized. So does vice-versa.

Does that means I can't have two Torques running in two separate
applications?

Thanks.

=============================

The error message is as follows

[LogInterceptor] TransactionRolledbackLocalException, causedBy:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.torque.Torque.initialize(Torque.java:240)
        at org.apache.torque.Torque.init(Torque.java:406)
        at
        com.xcompany.api.dao.DAOFactory.getInstance(DAOFactory.java:55)
        at
        com.xcompany.security.xdoclet.security.bean.UserMapSBean.searchUserMap(Unknown
        Source)
        at
        at

Mujahid Malaysia